Make a Positive Impact Through Operation Main Street
Thanks to the commitment and passion of Operation Main Street speakers, the pork industry’s message is reaching millions of people across the country.
Launched in 2004, the National Pork Board’s Pork Checkoff Operation Main Street (OMS) program has trained thousands of volunteers across the country who are helping to set the record straight by telling the pork industry’s story of innovation, quality and stewardship starting at the vital local level.
To date, OMS speakers have scheduled more than 7,000 speaking engagements touching firsthand more than 218,500 people in 42 states. A media outreach program to generate positive pork industry stories in communities where OMS speakers present has also resulted in more than 34 million people reading or listening to the pork industry message.
Here’s How You Can Help
Join the OMS team by contacting the Pork Checkoff Service Center at (800) 456-PORK or contact Ernie Barnes at email@example.com.As an OMS speaker you’ll receive:
- Training so you can speak out on behalf of the pork industry to media and the public.
- Prepared speeches and PowerPoint presentations that you can customize for your own community or operation.
- Constant support from schedulers who will set up speaking engagements for you that work around your busy schedule.
- Updates on industry issues via a newsletter and access to a Web site with additional speaker tools and industry information.
- Refresher training to help you brush up on skills and learn from other speakers.
Producers aren’t the only beneficiaries of Operation Main Street. Research shows that having producers promoting a positive image is paying off for the pork industry.According to a survey of 36,712 audience members, 73 percent of the audience left the presentation with a positive impression when it comes to the pork industry.
Operation Main Street In the Schools 2014
Over the last three years OMS speakers have been speaking with future decision-makers in high schools and colleges by:
- Scheduling more than 1,000 presentations to culinary and animal science students
- Scheduling 96 presentations at colleges of veterinary medicine
- Reaching more than 30 thousand students